Saturday 11 October 2008

Daring Cardmakers & Secret Crafter Saturday Challenges


I've made this card to fulfil 2 challenges - the first is Daring Cardmakers whose theme is "BRIGHT" and the second one is Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge whose challenge is a great sketch. I've turned the sketch around and used it to come up with this card. My dad has been invited to celebrate his friends' divorce, so I offered to make a card!! I just hope they like it!! I used the sizzix die to make the "sign", and some letter stamps, some cardstock, sizzix brackets and Stampin' Up stamps for the Cheers to you bit. Oh, and some star eyelets.

14 comments:

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

unusual take on the sketch but love the result

thanks for tkaing part this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Jill said...

great take on the sketch, thanks for joining us this week at scsc Hugs Jill x

Donna said...

Hi Jenny, this is a great take on the sketch this week, thanks for joing us this week at SCSC :) Donna x

Sue said...

Hi Jenny love what you have done with my sketch...it's brill,thanks for taking part in our SCSC :)

sue
xx

Wendy said...

Very different and imaginative - you'd never buy a 'celebrating a divorce' card in a shop. Love what you've done with it. Thank you for taking part in the challenge.

Wendy x

Powerful Search Engine said...

Fab idea, how unusual to be celebrating a divorce. It must of been a very cheap one! Pascale :)

Lythan said...

that's an unusual card request. I love what you have done.

simplyfairies said...

Very unusual request you have taekn up the challenge very well indeed, not sure i would have been able to come up with something so fitting well done indeed...

SueH said...

I can’t say that I’ve ever been asked to make a card for a divorce before but you’ve certainly made a good job of this one Jenny.
The bright colours you’ve used are perfect for the DCM dare.

Jilli said...

Great take on the sketch! Fab card. Jillix

Jilli said...

Great take on the sketch! Fab card. Jillix

Anne said...

Hee hee! Great card, I'm sure it will go down well

Cathy said...

Very 'out of the box' Jenny but I love it. Really bright and bold and a fab take on the sketch.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Kathy said...

I think you've done a great job for a tricky request! The bright colours are full of hope and cheeriness