Saturday 6 September 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - girly card



I was meant to be getting my 3 yr old to help me make a card for a little girls birthday party today, but I kind of took over, and he got bored!! Anyway, I've made a card for Lily, stamped a PB image onto shrink plastic (coloured with prismacolour pencils), ran it through my xyron to put a magnet on the back, then stuck it onto the card with removable adhesive. I used my cuttlebug dies to make the letters, number and happy birthday with lovely glitter card (the expensive stuff that I save for special occasions (hmmph), some paperstock, and my tri-fold card (tutorial on my blog)!

Click on the photo for a better look - the photo hasn't come out too well!

I think she'll like it. Now to get the kids ready for the party ...

14 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

Wow quick off the mark Jenny and what a gorgeous card for a little girl - I'm sure Lily will love it and thanks for joining us at PBSC this week
Love
Kath
xxxx

tracie said...

oh wow Jenny this is gorgeous, love the design and how you've made this very cute image into a magnet - great work.
Thanks for joining us this week :)x

Dawn said...

Great idea and perfect for the little girl's birthday.

Anu said...

Hi!
So beautiful card!!
Hugs,Anu from Finland

Powerful Search Engine said...

Lovely idea and it is a very pretty card! A gift and card in one fab! Pascale :)

Beth said...

This is such a lovely idea! The lettering looks great too! Thanks for joining in!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, love it :)

Marlene x

Sue said...

great card and fabby design:)

sue
xx

Unknown said...

A great card Jenny!

Pauline C said...

Great card - very clever!
Pauline x

Wendy said...

Lovely card
Wendy x

Rach said...

This is beautiful Jenny wll done.hugs rachxx

Steph said...

What a fab idea to make a little magnet! I've got that stamp and it's just perfect for that. Such a good idea!

Mrs Wonka said...

What a great idea, I love it!

Mrs Wonka x