Sunday 7 September 2008

We've been baking!!!



We've been busy this morning - busy making a cake for Grandad! I was going to make just a round one, but then decided on doing something different! Inspired by a visit to a well-known supermarket a couple of months ago, when the kids spotted an armchair cake, but I wasn't prepared to fork out the price!!!

If you want to see a couple more pics of the cake in the making, or should I say baking!!, keep looking down!!!

It started life as an oblong, then cut in half, and one half had a slither cut off the edge, which was then cut in two to make the arms.


Now covered in butter icing. I was going to use a fondant, but didn't have all the ingredients. Never mind!


The kids made "Grandad" and his remote, and tv (what does that say about my parents!!!??)


Enjoy - we definitely will!!
Now I'm off to make some Borscht with some beetroot from the garden!

9 comments:

Tonniece said...

How cute and so very inventive.

Anonymous said...

Jenny what a great cake!! Love it! I few years ago I made a train with connecting cars for my husband! Mostly because the kids wanted to, but we both know who really does the work right?!
smiles,Deena

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wow wow wow - what a great job :) Kimx

Heather said...

ooooh yum i just want to drag my finger along that sofa and lick it! hehehe
hugs

Donna said...

How clever are you? This is great and i'm sure it tasted a lot nicer than the supermarket one. Donna x

Tabitha said...

I love making odd shaped cakes. Yours is WONDERFUL.

I love the man on the couch just cracks me up!

kes said...

loving the cake, hope this is not the last we see of the baking talents. I have been really busy lately (no excuse) but if I haven't said it before thankyou so so much for my prize on SBS18 I do hope I have said thankyou before I am not rude usually
Kes
x

Tiny Funky Fairys and Elves said...

Fab cake!! I bet Grandad loves it!! :0)


Just to let you know...Bryony and Isaac won last fortnight's Tiny Funky Fairy Challenge...woohooo...many congratulations ^.^

If you nip across, you will find the details of where to claim...and also the new challenge :0)

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Looks like you had fun Jenny. Bet it will taste yummy, he'll really enjoy it and make his birthday all the more special.