Saturday 13 September 2008

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - male card without blue!!!



This was one of those challenges that you think, oh no, I'm not going to be able to come up with anything for this. I couldn't see any "male" PB stamps in my lot, so started thinking about maybe a xmas card, but then remembered this little stamp that I had.
I then spent the only 25 minutes or so that I had free today while the kids were otherwise occupied (after I did an 11 mile run!!) making a quick card, and am quite pleased with the results. I used my sizzix texturz to emboss some brown cardstock, used my cropodile to add some eyelets, then found some lovely fluffy yarn in my stash. I have never really got on with using Sansodor, but I used some Stampin' Up cardstock to stamp the image, and Oh Wow - it's sooooo good and easy to use on that card!!! (If you want to order any SU stuff please contact me!!)
I decoupaged the image - made the presents 3D, not sure if you can see this in the pic, and added a stamped greeting.
Hope you like. Not sure who I'm going to give it to, though!

13 comments:

Kath Stewart said...

fabulous card for the challenge Jenny - love how you 3'd the presents and love those fibres...great work and thanks for playing along at PBSC this week
Love
kath
xxxxx

Sue said...

Lovely card and so cute:)

sue
xx

Dawn said...

Aww this is so cute great card!

cats whiskers said...

Wow Jenny don't put yourself down if I could make a card like this after an ii mile run I would be more than happy. I love the colours and the cute image is just right
Rhanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Wonderful card Jenny, the textured background really pops and goes perfect for a man card! Great bling you added to the corner. Thanks for playing along this week in the PBSC ~ Jovi

Paul said...

I really like this card! The colours image embellishment all go together so well
TFS
Paul

Beth said...

This is fab, I love the fibres and the cute stamp! Thanks for joining in!

Rosette said...

Lovely card dear, very good for a male card.. and without blue!! :)

Bev said...

Fabulous card, love the image and gorgeous colours

hugs Bev x

Unknown said...

This is a lovely card!

Cathy said...

This is fabulous Jenny. I love the colours and that image is so cute!
Hugs
Cathy xx

Steph said...

Love that image and the whole layout! x

Mrs Wonka said...

This is a really great card!

Mrs Wonka x